What We Are Looking For
Maturity, a Good sense of humour and a Great attitude.
Do not apply if you do not have all three.
Pure Ability provides good placement opportunities. With the capacity to service a diverse clientele, work arrangements can be quite flexible to suit your employment needs and your availability.
You must have a minimum of 6 months experience working with people with disabilities, Certificate III or above, Working with Children’s Check, Criminal History Check and First Aid Certificate to apply for this position
Now Recruiting for Disability Support Worker
Disability Support Worker
Service user group:
To provide high quality support to people with disability, following organisational policy and procedures.
Quality of care provided, timekeeping, good work ethic, attitude and if you are placed on the request list by the organisation.
Purpose of role:
To work as a Disability Support Worker for Pure Ability as an agency staff.
An Induction session, followed by manual handling, must be completed before commencement of employment. Employees will also be required to attend on-going training from time to time to maintain their skills and to comply with Pure Ability’s registration requirements.
A smart casual appearance is required at all times with sensible footwear. Jewellery must be kept to a safe minimum. Trainers must be clean, jeans must be neat and not ripped.
Duties are varied and personalised to the client’s needs such as:
- General housekeeping e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic duties etc, and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives
- Providing help with all aspects of personal care
- Facilitating socialisation and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out, going for a drive (where required), reading etc
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit
- Liaise with families or/and office team members to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user
- To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary
- To support clients to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary
- To create opportunities for clients to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities
- To carry out duties as the coordinator reasonably stipulates
The member of staff would be expected to:
- Preserve the independence & dignity of clients as much as possible
- Managing any personal care with both dignity and respect
- Report any changes/issues concerning the client or the care being provided to the office team
- Observation of mental alertness and general physical condition
- Reading and abiding by the care plan set out by the assessor in the clients profile
- Supporting and understanding each individual clients needs
- To report back any areas of risk, not previously identified, to the Manager
- Maintain confidentiality and committing not to divulge information to third parties unless consent to share information has been given in writing and agreed with the Manager
- Read and abide by the care plan implemented by the service
- To work in accordance with your job description/contract of employment and any policies and guidelines of Pure Ability and its Organisation
- To promote equal opportunities and respect diversity, different culture and values
- To work in accordance with the Health & Safety Act
- To contribute to the overall development of the service and promote a positive image of the client and Pure Ability
- To participate in training courses/seminars held internally and by outside agencies
- To prepare, attend and engage in regular supervisions, appraisals and performance review accepting and providing constructive feedback
- To attend and engage in regular supervisions, appraisals and performance review accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Minimum 6 months of experience working with people with disability
- Certificate III in Disability or above
- Working with Children’s Check and Criminal History Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Driver Licence
- An understanding of the needs of children and adults with disabilities
- Demonstrate ability to relate professionally and respectfully to people with disabilities
- Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English
- Observant and sensitive to Client’s needs
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practice
How To Apply
To join the Pure Ability team, please send us your CV with a detailed cover-letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for our company.
We pay above award wages.
Send your cover-letter and CV to: email@example.com
For more information, you can call our on call number 0488 117 300.